Resources include books you can pick up and books to download; magazines and video streaming including movies and documentaries. There are study spaces and a range of activities to keep even the most restless toddler busy. There is something for all ages and if you can’t get to the library, in some areas, they will come to you.
Take a look at your local library for a list of their free resources and access a whole new world.
Along with the traditional library resources, additional services include:
- Public computers
- Online language learning
- Online computer training
- Research & study resources
- West Australian digital archives
- Resources to research your family tree
- eBooks & eAudiobooks
- Kanopy video streaming – including indie films, classic cinema, festival and educational documentaries & online movies.
- Books On Wheels service
Resources for kids include:
- Busy Things – an online resource for the early years
- Story Box Library – favourite stories read aloud by the best storytellers
- A range of interesting and fun school holiday programs
Is your local library eSmart?
The eSmart Libraries Framework is a national cyber safety framework, designed to fully equip libraries, staff and library users with the skills they need for smart, safe and responsible use of digital technology. Most libraries either have or are working towards accreditation to enable them to promote these important messages and tips to their library communities.